Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rejected

So having a c-section is no fun in the first place; but here's something kinda crazy...my body is actually rejecting the staples...I noticed when my Mom took off the bandages on Feb. 26 that there was this white thing kinda poking out of the area where my incision was gaping...then I started having this weird, little, but sharp, shooting pain on the very left of the incision...and looked only to see the same white "THING"...turns out its my staples. I have had them present themselves in various orientations...some fully to the side, some straight out...the Dr. pulled a few out (OW!)...but the best way I've found is just to put a bandage over it to avoid any un-necessary pulling/tugging and letting it find its way fully to the surface, then pulling it out. I have one that I've saved that is entirely intact. Again, pregnancy is is none too glamorous...and this is something I've never heard of before. At least the good news is that when Dr. DL looked at my incision he thought it was healing rather well. (I think it looks like a bloody mess, but what do I know?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment