Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Gift of Time

Tonight as I was wrapping up Tucker to get him ready to sleep I was thinking of how he already looks bigger and I started to get that sad feeling I have every time I look at my kids and know they are getting bigger. Then, suddenly I realized that I have gotten TWO extra weeks with him...WOW! All the other kids have been born at 40 weeks...he was born at just under 38...which has given me a few extra weeks with my darling...what a blessing! He continues to be adorable. He's a great sleeper and I've been waking him for feedings. His skin is just so incredibly soft and his legs are so thin...it amazes me that they work perfectly even though they are so thin! His fingers are so long, thin, and dainty...ahh...he is truly a miracle.

The older kids all adore him....he gets lots of touches, kisses, and talking to. Today he was lying on the bed getting a new diaper and clothes and all three of the kids were standing by...keeping his bocce in, letting him hold their finger, talking to him, and stroking his head...he is certainly loved! We are certainly blessed.

Chad continues to be amazing...last night he reminded me that my job is to take care of the baby and myself...he'll take care of everything else. It helped to be told that in the context of our house...at the hospital it was one thing to hear him say that, but to actually be in the throws of 'real life' and hear him say it...I was able to just let him do it today. It felt amazing to spend the morning working on paper/computer work and spend the afternoon cuddling Tucker in the sunlight and then take a nap before supper. It feels great to know that we are a team working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment