Friday, February 19, 2010

A C-Section Encourager

So, I was obviously upset about getting a c-section; the rational part of me knows that its not the end of the world and that healthy baby was the main goal. The emotional part of me is devastated to have lost that opportunity to have one more vaginal birth. As I was in the throws of disappointment the other morning one of my nruses came in and shared that she has been a lowed to assist her daughters during each of their births....that's when it dawned on me that perhaps this isn't may 'last chance'...sure, its the last chance I had for a vaginal birth, but even the possibility that either one of my daughters might ask me to be there for their births!? The idea gives me a tremendous amount of hope and helps me in getting past that "it was the last shot I had..." mentality. As someone wise once said, "We can get through any tragedy, so long as there is hope for a better tomorrow." This certainly rings true in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment