Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

So, Q and I were officially on the mend last night...then, at 3:15 a.m. dear daughter #1 shows up at my bedside with a stomach ache...and starts to vomit...and kept doing it on the hour until 11 a.m. today...needless to say, it was a LONG day for her and I!

Chad is wonderful with all things kid-related and isn't very squirmy about much...except vomit. He happened to catch a wiff of her first throws and started to dry heave himself. Not cool...so all clean up and monitoring fell to me...even this morning when I was 'granted' permission to take a nap...she started to heave and he came and got me. I can sympathize, but after eight hours of it...I was TIRED! The good news is, she seems to be over it. Our only fear is that dear daughter #2 will get it...to see an almost two year old being that miserable just seems wrong and we really hope she can avoid it. Am saddened that I had to cancel my 'date' with Erin...she had planned to come and get me for lunch and sitting on HER couch for a few hours today...will have to wait to get outside these walls until tomorrow.

Chad's family comes for a visit starting tomorrow...are working diligently to make sure that things stay calm and under control...we do not want a repeat of Christmas and all the contractions that accompanied that (or a repeat of the contractions of earlier this evening as I was trying to get the house cleaned before their arrival...the good news is that I feel a bit 'nested', which feels amazing!). I am hoping that once they get here and Chad is caught in the excitement of seeing his family that he'll still be mindful and a great advocate for them hanging out elsewhere. I am all for family time, but would love to be able to spend time here at the house by myself for a bit....I'm here ALL the time, but NEVER alone...a bit of quiet would be welcomed...especially knowing that it is coming while my children are being completely loved and having a blast with their aunties, uncles, grandparents, and cousins!

Have a Dr. appointment tomorrow morning and have printed my list of questions and status updates on body. Am hoping for some clearer answers on a few things and reassurance on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment