Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Feeling Better

So after I blogged last night I finally called the Birthplace and talked to a really sweet nurse (and mother of five) about my symptoms...she was wonderful and said that she felt the symptoms were borderline and it was up to me...they would certainly monitor me and we'd go from there. We finally settled on my sitting and counting contractions for the next hour and a half and then we'd talk. We did just that. The contractions were not regular at all (thanks to nifedipine) so I decided to stay home. Good thing I did...

around 11 p.m. I started to feel super nauseas...by midnight Quinn and I BOTH were throwing up. We threw up at midnight, again at 2 a.m., and Quinn at 3 a.m. At 3, 4, 5:30, and 7 a.m. I had terrible diarhea....which continued on and off all day. Chad had to work a little bit in the morning, but was able to be here with the kids and I slept nearly the entire day. By 4 p.m. I was able to get up and am functioning rather well....and feeling much better than I have in the last few days. My back ache remains, but the pelvic pressure has lessened...guess he got moved up with the heaving!

I got a call this AM from the nurse at the OB Clinic checking in....she noticed I'd called last night and wanted to see how I was doing. I told her about being sick and she was very sympathetic and said that all the symptoms could definitely be explained by having a flu bug. I never knew that labor and having the flu could be so similar! Anyhow, she encouraged me to keep drinking clear liquids (totally on it) and to make sure to go to my appointment on Thursday (like I'd miss it...have a list of questions I'd like answered).

No comments:

Post a Comment